About a month ago, I played for a recital given by the trombone/euphonium professor at Memphis. Many of the pieces he played were fairly contemporary and even pop-like, which was a nice change from the serious classical music that I usually play. He also played a couple of fun duets with his son who is a trumpet player at the university.
It's always flattering to be asked to play for a faculty recital. For one, I'm not the only accomplished pianist working at the University of Memphis, and two, I assume that they wouldn't ask if they didn't feel like I was at least on the same level as them. So far, this is the third faculty recital I've played for (all different faculty members), and I have a fourth coming up in May. I guess that means I must be doing something right!
Here are a few pictures, and a couple of videos from the recital. The sound quality is not great, but it will have to do. (Just click on the pictures to enlarge them.)
It's always flattering to be asked to play for a faculty recital. For one, I'm not the only accomplished pianist working at the University of Memphis, and two, I assume that they wouldn't ask if they didn't feel like I was at least on the same level as them. So far, this is the third faculty recital I've played for (all different faculty members), and I have a fourth coming up in May. I guess that means I must be doing something right!
Here are a few pictures, and a couple of videos from the recital. The sound quality is not great, but it will have to do. (Just click on the pictures to enlarge them.)
No comments:
Post a Comment